January 7, 2009

"Twilight"

Thanks to MINDI (growl), who sent me the book "Twilight" for Christmas, I have now become addicted like every other female in this country. I wasn't going to give in to all the pressure from family and friends. I was going to stand out, be different, be the sheep going the opposite direction from the other sheep. But alas, I was thwarted in my defiance and individualism and succumbed to all the peer pressure that surrounded me.

It took me a few days before I even picked up the book to start it, still in my defiance. Then Mindi gave me a lecture on how I needed to hurry and read ALL of the books so we could "discuss" them. So I begrudgingly started it...and needless to say, a few chapters into the book, I got online and ordered the rest of the books in the series.

I was trying to read as slow as possible, knowing that it would be about a week before my other books got here, and how tortured my soul would be waiting for them if I finished the book to soon. Thus, I restrained myself, limiting myself to only a couple of chapters a day. And I finished it today...the very day the rest of my books arrived via the great UPS man. Oh, happy day!
Off to read "New Moon"...

1 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

I liked the twilight books, I haven't seen the movie yet.. I am resisting being like the all the other females there too! Once your done you will have to tell me what you think of them. Please just don't get an " I love edward cullen" t-shirt okay! LOL!